card header icon
FAFSA Made Easier By Going Merry:

FAFSA Made Easier By Going Merry Overview & Information: 
Students will complete most of the FAFSA in class with support from teachers, counselors, and the district scholarship coordinator.  Students will use their Going Merry accounts to complete the FAFSA. If you have any questions, please contact, Brandy Sanders- 

card header icon
Paying for College

Overview on paying for college:
Students should visit school site "Counselor" pages on each website.  They are full of helpful information from our amazing counseling team.  

card header iconCalifornia Dream Act

California Dream Act: AB 540 eligible students attending college in California may apply for and receive student financial aid from both publicly (including Cal Grants) and privately funded sources.  Students may complete the Dream Act Application online for 2018-2019 assistance at in lieu of the FAFSA.  Check the California Dream Act Application Worksheet for more details.  Student's GPA must still be submitted (without a social security number) from their high school.  Check your eligibility for Federal Financial Aid if you are a non-U.S. citizen.    
The California Student Aid Commission (Commission) notified Financial Aid Administrators and High School Counselors that the parent signature option of the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) is not functioning properly when using the Mozilla Firefox browser.  The following web browsers should be used for optimal compatibility *Microsoft Internet Explorer version 9.0 or higher *Google Chrome version 24.0 or higher *Apple Safari version 5.0 or higher. 
Who are undocumented students?  Financial Aid information and undocumented students.En Espanol
Male students may also register for the Selective Service through the California Dream Act Application.  Solicitud Dream Act de California Applicacion en Espanol 
A thumbnail of hundred dollar bills 

card header icon

If you are a dependent of a California military veteran, you may qualify for tuition fee waiver under the California College Fee Waiver program (formerly known as Cal Vet Program).  California College Fee Waiver Application.

You may qualify for all resident tuition & fees for a public school or the higher of the actual tuition & fess or $17,500 per academic year for a private school under the Post 9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program.  Institutions that voluntarily enter into a Yellow Ribbon Agreement with VA choose the amount of tuition and fees that will be contributed. VA will match that amount and issue payment directly to the institution.  Only veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) or their designated transferees may receive this funding. Active duty service members and their spouses are not eligible for this program (child transferees of active duty service members may be eligible if the service member is qualified at the 100% rate).  Therefore, you may be eligible if:

  • You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
  • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
  • You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.

 For elegible military dependents, you may also qualify for the GI Survivors and Dependents Assistance (DEA).  The program offers up to 45 months of education benefits. These benefits may be used for degree and certificate programs, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training. Effective October 1, 2013 some DEA beneficiaries may be eligible for 81 months of GI Bill benefits if they are eligible for more than one education benefit. For more information click here.

For the Veterans Education Benefits and/or Chapter 35 use the VONAPP (Veterans Online Application).  The application forms in VONAPP are now available on and on